HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2019 is here providing us an opportunity to reflect and reset the “life” button through resolutions. Advertisements do a great job in reminding us to create these new promises for our physical being, yet the key to any successes in life is directly related to our spiritual wellness. Perhaps in 2019 your family can take the 1% Challenge. The 1% Challenge is a commitment to give 1% of our day to the Lord, which is slightly less than 15 minutes per day. Just 1%!
Here are some ideas that may help you make the 15-minute daily commitment:
- Take time in the morning and evening to talk with God. Seven minutes when you wake and seven minutes before you rest will assure you of quiet time to discuss God’s plans for you and review the happenings of the day.
- Pray the Rosary. Praying the Rosary takes approximately 15 minutes to pray the 5 decades. The rosary provides us the opportunity to meditate on the life of Christ through the intercession of our Blessed Mother. For more details on the prayer go to holyrosary.org.
- Read the daily Mass scriptures. Today’s modern technology offers us a number of Apps to create easy access to daily scriptures. If you are looking for a phone App checkout iBreviary and/or Laudate. These Apps also provide you with the morning, day, evening and night prayers.
- Find media sources that fuel-up your Catholic faith! Finding 15 minutes to listen/watch a program that fills us with inspiring Catholic topics can change our day-to-day opportunities. There are many sources, such as EWTN, The Catholic Channel, Relevant Radio, and Radio Maria. Checkout FORM for a variety of books, movies and videos to lead you closer to the Catholic faith.
- Visit Jesus! Take the opportunity to sit with the Lord in Adoration. Holy Angels offers weekly Adoration on Thursdays beginning after 8:00 a.m. Mass and concluding with benediction at 8:15 p.m. Saint Clare Eucharistic Chapel in Piqua provides Adoration 24 hours every day of the year. The Chapel is located at 310 South Downing Street.
There are so many ways we can serve the Lord and make a small commitment to inviting the Lord in our lives every day! May the fruits of your New Year’s Resolution be rewarded! God’s blessings to you and your family in 2019!